Adam McManus and I interviewed Dr. Michael Stevens, Republican candidate for Texas Board of Education, District 1.
He holds a BA Degree in English from the University of Texas at San Antonio, a Master’s Degree in Education/Teacher Leadership from the University of Phoenix, and a Doctorate in Education/Curriculum and Instruction from Northcentral University.
During his 12-year tenure as an educator, Dr. Stevens has worked at the Henry Ford Academy and O’Connor High School, as an English teacher and worked at Holmes High School as an ELA Instructional Coach. Today, he is the principal of Sunnybrook Christian Academy.
He has been married to Pricilla for 18 years. Together, they are raising three amazing boys — Michael (17), Andrew (14) and Jacob (5) — in Helotes. As a devoted member of Hope Center Pentecostal Church, he is committed to the Bible as his yardstick.
Dr. Stevens believes that:
- Schools should be places of education, not indoctrination.
- Parents and guardians should have access to view what their children are learning in the classroom and an unobstructed method of questioning material they find unsuitable.
- There is no place for sexually explicit content in any of our Texas schools.
- Students should not have access to tangible material that would be blocked if they tried to access it online.
- Parents should have school choice to choose which public or private school best meets their child’s needs. Or they should have the freedom to homeschool. Their tax dollars should follow the school they pick.
Early voting is going on through Friday, November 4th. Find your polling place here in Bexar County and here outside Bexar County.
Election Day is Tuesday, November 8th from 7:00am to 7:00pm. Find your Bexar County polling place and your customized ballot by entering your street name in this linked page.
Get Adam McManus’s Election Picks list here.
I, Paul Milazzo, would love to get your feedback to our interview. Send that to Paul@TimeForCourage.net.